Tuesday 12 January 2010

Meet the Instructors: Craig

First up our Welsh ambassador who's most likely to be seen in brightly coloured beanies or spending his free time in the park. He's NZ qualified, a boarder at heart but spends a lot of his time on skis, and is really popular with the little ones. A great guy to ride with but I wish he wouldn't eat natto next to my desk.

So, Craig - what have you been up to over the summer?
Been down to NZ for the season, bro. Snow was really good and picked up a few more qualifications - freestyle, avalanche and children's certifications.

What's your best Japan story?
This season - Brendan and I dropping in on a steep run at Houdaigi and the snow being up to my chest. So much snow I couldn't breathe. Then remembering Brendan is a lot shorter than me. Ha ha!

Best thing about working at Canyons?
We work at any of the 30 mountains in the area, so I get to ride a lot of different places which is fun.


Tell us a secret.
My real name is Gareth, and Brendan is under 5ft. So that's 2 secrets.

What's next?
Straight from Canyons to Austria, then home to Wales for a few weeks to recharge and get myself ready for another season in NZ. Then probably back here for more Japanese snow.

And I'd like to thank Canyons, Helly Hansen, Bridgend, all me boys at Pontypool Dryslope and Salomon.

It's dumping again; look out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment